Tuesday 22 November 2016

Afghan Regular Infantry (1880-ish) (updated 25-11-2016)


 After getting pounded in their last appearance, it's time for the Pathans to get some support!  Here are the first 10 soldiers from the Afghan Regular Army.  I tried to present the idea of faded coats, yellowed leather equipment, and mismatched trousers and headgear.  They still turned out more brightly-coloured than I intended.

My minimal research on the flag (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Afghanistan
revealed that Afghanistan had the world's simplest flag from 1880-1901: plain black, no device, just black.

These lads have another 10 mates on the painting table.  I hope they'll be finished in time for the next game!  All are from Artizan Designs (courtesy of North Star Figures).







Edit:

After reading the comments and looking again at the photos and miniatures, I realised I wasn't satisfied, so I went back and touched them up a bit, mostly by adding a wash to the faces and coats.  Here is the result.  Still not perfect but certainly an improvement!



thanks for the comments, especially Andrei!

No comments:

Post a Comment